For the Citizens Against Government Waste to consider something to be Pork, it must meet one of the following conditions.
- Requested by only one chamber of Congress;
- Not specifically authorized;
- Not competitively awarded;
- Not requested by the President;
- Greatly exceeds the President’s budget request or the previous year’s funding;
- Not the subject of congressional hearings; or
- Serves only a local or special interest.
The question is, should Davis County be asking for Federal Dollars to build a trail that runs through both Weber and Davis Counties? If I could allow myself to have two quotes of the day, then I might also include this one from Barry Burton, assistant community and economic development director for Davis County.
"It presents a great opportunity for commuters."
Cities, county on path to Davis, Weber trail