Friday, January 05, 2007

Citizen Lobbyist Training

I wonder if it would be a good idea to hold another training as we had last night. The weather probably kept a few attendees away. We had about a dozen attend. One of the reasons that I enjoy blogging is that I have the opportunity to go to events that don't get reported in the media. These give me a perspective on what is happening in the County that I wouldn't get otherwise. It's not all political, thankfully, or I might not enjoy it quite so much. I enjoy talking about events that don't include emotional outbursts, or bitter exchanges--things that journalists enjoy.

I am no journalist, although I sometimes report on newsworthy events. I don't enjoy the political aspect of what I do. Some, who know me, may find that hard to believe. I do enjoy seeing good things happen because of those who are willing to involve themselves in politics.

0 comments: