Friday, January 26, 2007

Utah Policy Daily: All Right, I'm Calling A Truce

Not that war had ever been declared.

I have been on the attack of Utah Policy Daily. My most recent volley was of the Blog Watch feature. I criticized the fact that Golden, who manages the Blog Watch section, used the word 'here' ad nauseum,(shouldn't Latin be italicized??) instead of listing the name of the actual post.

Well, he's listing the posts by title now.

Yeah, it looks better.

My point in all of this was to say that UPD might better use that space for some other feature. (Some have suggested a Mitt Romney Watch II)

See, it's hard work to manually aggregate a bunch of disparate blog posts together. It can be automated so well as shown here, here, here, and here. I thought I could save Golden some mind-bending labor. But, he seems to be bound and determined to carry on--and to excel at it.

As you were, Golden. Don't let me get in your way.

1 comments:

The Senate Site said...

Golden's work helps policymakers. My bosses might not have a XML aggregator in their back pockets, but they want to be aware of the newsmaking blogs of the day.

Blog Watch gives them a heads-up when something rises to that level. It's a valuable resource.

RC