Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Writers Block

It seems funny that I've reached a landmark, two year, bloggerversary, and that I now have writers block.

Maybe I've got nothing to say because some of my former battles have dwindled. I'm thinking of the fight between NSL and SL over land, the $10 "corridor preservation" fee, and the legislature, etc. Even the Rec Center is open, and popular with the crowds. It's a horrible boondoggle, but I can only wish it as much success as is possible. I have to say that I'm glad to see Rocky Anderson out and about this country doing things other than being mayor. He can't hurt me here in Davis County if he's off having yelling matches on issues that he has no real power. And if you're interested, I don't see the voucher debate moving at all. That isn't to say that vouchers won't be implemented, because they will. Opponents seem to be raging on this issue, but supporters, and the indifferent seem to be in standby mode.

Waiting.

Maybe I have posted nothing in a week because I'm playing catch-up with the podcast crowd, and trying to figure out the best way to listen to them in my car. I haven't had an mp3 player up to this point; I've just listened to the radio on my way to places--archaic, I know!

Maybe it's my job, or family. There is much happening there.

I've also been feeling very introspective, lately, and I'm afraid that's put my public persona on hold.

Regardless, when I do come back, just know it will be in full force, and should be interesting. I've already posted more this year than I did my entire first year of blogging.

4 comments:

George said...

Tyler, I think if you would average Mayor Rocky with a few of the legislators, (i.e. Buttars) on the hill, then Northern Utah, SLC and suburbs are in balance and in harmony.

I will miss Rocky when he moves on to the Obama Administration in '08. I have not always agreed with him, but I find him a refreshing counterbalance to some of the R's.

Alice said...

I don't always agree with Rocky either. He's a little extreme for my tastes, but I will say that Bill O'Reilly sure made him look reasonable. (at least from the news clip that I saw)

Unknown said...

Allie,

I'm fine if Rocky looks reasonable, so long as he's not being 'reasonable' right next door to me.

He can participate on the national stage, perhaps in the Obama Administration, for all that I care.

WP, it really wasn't my intention to compare Rocky with someone who is equally extreme. Let's see how he fairs against the best.

RudiZink said...

Too Funny.

Tyler posts a soul-displaying message, revealing every blogger's constant tormentor -- Writer's Block!

And you people immediately launch on Rocky.

Hang in there, Tyler.

I sympathize... believe me.

Blogging is an art and not a craft.