Friday, March 02, 2007

NSL Cemetery NIXED

I'm sure you're reeling from my last post--very cryptic, but I've gotten back on track.

NSL has abandoned its plans to develop its cemetery because it doesn't have enough space to do it, and the ideal spot will be purchased by SLC as part of the land settlement. I think Centerville has had similar problems getting a cemetery, but then again it hasn't had to deal with SLC to get the space required.

Does anyone know how Centerville's cemetery is going, and what NSL going to do?

Hat tip: Clipper

6 comments:

Former Centerville Citizen said...

Hmmm, that's too bad that NSL decided not to go along with putting in a cemetery.

I think of cemeteries as being sacred open spaces that help instill a sense of community. I think it's too bad that a lot of cities don't have any.

From what I've heard so far, it looks like Centerville will eventually develop a cemetery somewhere on its hillside property above Island View Drive. For the long-term that's just about the only solution.

Anonymous said...

NSL has the space to do it, they are just going to put more houses up there instead.

Tyler Farrer said...

Deltabelle,

The question is, did NSL have prior commitments, made to developers, that would have to be broken to put in a cemetery?

If they did I have no problem with them keeping their word.

Alice said...

I don't know anything, so this is just my opinion, but I think that the cemetery just wasn't as important to the city.

They want to develop some of the land with houses to help pay for the trail systems that they are working on, so when there was not enough land to do both, the cemetery got nixed.

Tyler Farrer said...

Allie,

I think you're right. It was less important than the homes, financially. It wasn't as important to the community as a new trail head.

Unknown said...

Can anyone post a map or link of showing the location of the 13 developable acres that NSL now has post settlement?