Saturday, February 24, 2007

Davis Blogger Meeting: Success

I would count the first Davis Bloggers Meet and Eat a success. If you count Rob Millers little boy, there was a fellowship of nine bloggers that attended the casual event. We had a great time discussing local politics, and the ins and outs of blogging in general. Some ideas that sprang from that meeting.

  • We should meet again and give others the chance to come. (I think spouses and children should be specifically invited next time)
  • Often people are very different in person than on their blog (Some of us are nicer in person) ;)
  • The idea of a 'bloggers day' at the legislature.
  • Ideas on how to bring more diversity into Davis County politics, and hold our elected officials, and main stream media, accountable.
  • That liberals, conservatives, and bloggers can, and do, come together for a free cookie!
  • That liberals, conservatives, and bloggers can be on the same team!
I came away realizing that I needed to update my blog with some new links. (I hope you notice the difference) I'm glad that from the time I began blogging, two years ago, that the new media in this county has grown up.

Special thanks to George for sponsoring the cookies, Cutlers for being open at precisely 10AM, even though I arbitrarily picked the time--phew! Thanks to the younger Mr. Miller for humoring us political 'nutcakes', and posing like a pro for the cameras.

6 comments:

Alice said...

That's impressive that so many made it.

I was hoping to come, but it didn't work out.... hopefully next time.

George said...

I want to know how the oatmeal and raisin were...

How about in April, two months. for the next one?

Unknown said...

Love the idea of a bloggers' day in the next legislative session. It would be fun to put faces with names, and also to send a message about the potential influence of bloggers.

bekkieann said...

I attended, and enjoyed meeting everyone. It's time I paid more attention to blogs dealing with local issues.

One additional thing I came away with was that the value of blogs is not only in reaching and influencing a wide readership, but perhaps more so in getting the attention of the mainstream media where our message will reach an even wider audience.

The oatmeal raisin were excellent, as usual!

Rob said...

Sami had a great time!

Thanks for putting this event together.

Will you send me a copy of the photot you took?

Nick said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, I unexpectedly had to work on Saturday. I appreciate the link, though, Tyler!