Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm Back!!!

Thank you Natalie and Alice for helping me out this like week with your prolific posts. I've changed the background to blue (it's supposed to be blue-I could be better at my color mixing.) in honor of my new boy. I understand a lot of people were confused by the pink motif. This also signifies that it's my show again.

It's funny how I have gotten used to things being a certain way. I've been tempted more than once to intervene, but that would not be polite. Let me offer one example. I made a conscious choice, when I started blogging, not to post pictures to the blog. It wasn't that I didn't know how, but I wanted people to come here because of what I'd written. The first picture I saw posted caused me some, completely illogical, anxiety. Don't worry, I'm over it now.

This week has also been an exercise in self-examination. Natalie pointed out, of late, that I have a Paypal link. It may appear to some that I'm really raking it in for my efforts as a blogger. Let me disabuse my readers of this concept. I had put that link up with the idea that I would never solicit payment, but that I wouldn't close the door to it. Ergo, the Paypal link. Rest assured that I've not, yet, gotten a penny for my efforts. If I ever found some money in my account I would be surprised!

And, on coming home from the hospital I discovered that I am now missing one lawn sign, and I want it back! I think the city I live in, North Salt Lake, might have an ordinance that states I can't have a lawn sign up except just before an election, but I'm not sure. This sign was for Bret Millburn, and his race is not decided until November. I was going to take it down after the Primary, and put it up again just before the election, but that can't happen without my sign.

0 comments: