Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fog and Illusions

The Mr. and I attended a scout day camp with two Webelos on Friday. One of the classes we attended was called Fog and Illusions, where we learned about.... fog (what causes it) and illusions.

My family has been talking about the Culture of Fear lately, so this letter to the editor in today's tribune caught my attention.

It is so frustrating to me that there are leaders in our country who would keep us all in a fog, and distracted by illusions. As long as we are captivated, distracted, and then polarized by contrived issues, we are controlled, and the real issues can be conveniently pushed aside (until catastrophe strikes).

Would you rather worry about flag burning and an avian flu pandemic, or affordable health care for everyone.

I know what our government would rather have us worry about. Fear controls.

0 comments: