Monday, March 20, 2006

Ronald W. Mortensen for Utah House of Representatives

Imagine my delight and surprise when I saw that Ronald Mortensen is running for the Utah House. Surprise, because I've known him to be busy in other pursuits which, in the past, have taken him out of the country. Well, not so much out of this country as into many other countries that one doesn't pick as a vacation destination (i.e. Iraq, Sudan, Pakistan, etc.) A decision to run for a local office would mean taking a break from his service abroad. I feel delight, because the biggest weakness I've seen in him is a profound humility that does not suit a career politician. I assume that he has no intention of making this a career, but is intent on making a difference in a way that is his habit--as a servant.

I don't want to start making campaign promises on his behalf, but I'm certain his focus would be on returning the State to fiscal sanity. I couldn't be happier that he's running.

0 comments: