Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Natgo:Congratulations Are In Order!

As you can see, the blog is pink. This means that Tyler has turned the blog over to the two of us so he can celebrate the birth of their new baby with his wife Erin. Congratulations Farrer Family!!! I hope all is well with Erin and the baby (and with Tyler and Morgan, too). Al and I will try to keep the ship afloat in his absence. We're lucky - we'll get to post on the primary election and bond election results, and we'll probably take some time on our respective soap-boxes. If the Tribune doesn't publish my most recent letter to the editor, you might even get that here, too. I hope you'll stick it out and that Davis County Watch will remain the fun debate it's always been.

Also, the evil part of me hopes they didn't have time to vote, but I promise, I'm repenting right now.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Why pink? Any ideas? Is it because Natalie and I are female? Doesn't Tyler realize that it's "hip" for boys to wear pink (although by "saying" the word "hip" I am proving myself to be very "un-hip" (or whatever the current equivalent is)).

Tyler, I might be possibly offended at the pinkness.

Natalie Gordon said...

I, too, am pretending to be offended by the pinkness. Yes, I have chosen pink for my own blog, but that was my choice. Tyler is obviously THE MAN, trying to discount us by choosing pink. I am oppressed. Now no one will take us seriously - admit it - you already think we're crazy, don't you?

Tyler Farrer said...

Our new baby boy was born at 4:30 AM Today. He was 8 lbs. 12 oz. and 22 inches long.

My wife and baby are doing well. Thanks for blogging for me. My comments will be light to non-existent over the next week.

I think pink matches Natalie's personality-don't you? I also thought pink might throw everybody off a little since I was having a boy. And, I like to throw a curve-ball every once in a while.

Natalie Gordon said...

So glad all is well at the Farrer compound.

My only concern -- Is a pink personality a good thing? Is it respectable and intelligent? I think it's better than red (a color I am often assigned, due to my control freak tendencies and my propensity to be somewhat self-absorbed) but I'm not sure.

I guess someone who chooses to be identified by a picture of Barbie's littlest sister, Kelly, should not be too concerned.

I really do resemble Kelly in a weird way. No bare midrif here, though.